Recent Posts

Topics

Archives

« | Main | »

Pinout for RJ-45 for Polycom Soundstation

By Jesse | December 3, 2008

Someone in our office recently damaged the RJ-45 cable for our Polycom Soundstation.  Because the jack was damaged I could not determine the order of the cables.   After a call to polycom, we found the pinout information we needed – so I thought I would share, in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation:

With the RJ-45 prong pointing down the wires, from left to right are:

Then Crimp and test. I got this information directly from Polycom for use with the Polycom Soundstation. This information was not easy to get. They originally told me they could not provide the information and I would have to buy a power adapter. This is not true, just trim the cable and follow the above instructions.

_______________________________________
PLEASE HELP BY BOOKMARKING OUR SITE...
[del.icio.us] [Digg] [StumbleUpon]

Topics: Uncategorized | 18 Comments »

18 Responses to “Pinout for RJ-45 for Polycom Soundstation”

1. David Whiteoak Says:
    December 11th, 2009 at 4:57 am

Hi
    Is it OK to use standard RJ45s on these cables do you think? I noticed that the Polycom originals have a small tab on the side which prevented me from putting into my test gear for ethernet cables.
    Thanks for the info by the way.

2. Jesse Says:
    December 17th, 2009 at 6:32 pm

Yeah I used an RJ-45 here to fix one- it worked fine.. I would assume that as long as the pin-out was correct you’d be fine. I wouldnt plug it in to anything with PoE though or you’ll probably destroy your phone.

It worked for me..

3. Jesse Says:
    December 17th, 2009 at 6:33 pm

We had to do this because a clumsy staff member mangled the original jack with a chair and crushed it. the RJ-45 replacement worked great!

4. LV Says:
    January 29th, 2010 at 11:25 am

Is this the cable between the power supply and the soundstation? If so, is this a straight through cable (i.e. black goes to black on pin 1, brown goes to brown on pin 2, etc, etc) or if not – what pins do the colours go to on the other end of the cable? Thanks.

5. Francesco Says:
    May 14th, 2010 at 4:32 am

Hi,
    I have a big problem with my soundstation. The power adapter is broken and I did not want to spend too much money.

Do you know witch is the power and witch is the phone wires in the RJ45 connection scheme?

6. Jesse Says:
    May 20th, 2010 at 3:35 pm

No I’m not 100% sure.. but if you follow my wiring diagram it should fix the connector….

7. Jesse Says:
    May 20th, 2010 at 3:38 pm

This is the cable that goes into the sound station…

8. Francesco Says:
    May 24th, 2010 at 6:35 am

My problem isn’t the connector but the power adapter….it don’t work anymore…

I have open the soundstation but I’m not able to find the power wires and the telephon wires…

Which power output have the power adapter?

Thanks

9. Sifui Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 12:17 am

We have the same problem, power adapter stopped working. The cost of a new SoundStation2 Interface Module is RIDICULOUS. I assume all it is, is just a power supply and an injector. This is $100+?

Does anyone know or figured out the pinout of the cable between the Interface Module and the SoundStation? Which lines are voice, which are power?

Has anyone already broken open the Interface Module (not the SoundStation) and looked around and done some measurements and tests to figure out which line is which?

What is the voltage and current rating of the power supply? AC or DC output?

10. Francesco Says:
    October 18th, 2010 at 5:32 am

Anyone have the pinout of the SoundStation’s AC Adapter? Can anyone send me a broken power adapter to find the pinout?

Thansk

11. chrisl Says:
    December 22nd, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Hi All
    The Pinouts marked above are great. Does anybody have the equivalent connections at the other end, i.e. the end that plugs into the PSU? Basically, I need to make up a new cable that connects the PSU to the Phone. [I understand there is only one cable that connects from PSU to the Phone, and that carries both Voice Signal and Power. THANK YOU!

12. SpinnerChick Says:
    July 17th, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Did anyone respond to chrisl? Someone in office broke off the RJ11 jack connected to the Soundstation which connects to the phone line. It only contains ONE black wire, ONE white wire. Do the thin copper wires need to be exposed and then touching pins 2 & 3? I trimmed them off but still didn’t get dial tone.

13. Matt Says:
    March 5th, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Well, in case anyone else runs into this: Yes, it is a regular straight thru. We checked the pinout and replaced it with a normal network cable and it works.

14. Marco Aurelio Says:
    March 31st, 2014 at 9:58 pm

Is it possible to create a wall module with cable cat5e

15. Aleksandar Says:
    May 18th, 2015 at 7:17 am

This info is regarding Polycom Soundstation 2
    pin 1 is DC+
    pin 2 or pin 4 is DC- (on the phone side these 2 pins are connected, so from the power adapter it is expected pin 2 or pin 4, or both pins to provide DC-)
    Note that the power supply voltage should be between 7.5V and 40V
    The current consumption in stand by is between 100mA and 160 mA

16. Reginaldo Says:
    September 22nd, 2015 at 5:05 pm

Chrisl

Pin 5 and 7 – GND
    Pin 8 + 12Vdc
    Which connects the RJ11 phone?
    It has electronic circuit or exits the RJ45 and goes straight to the RJ11?

17. Maurício L Bertoni Says:
    September 22nd, 2015 at 11:02 pm

Dear All, I’m also trying to find a replacement for the power supply for a reasonable price. What I got until now is that pins 7 and 8 (blue and white) are that ones that has energy. It was taken from a question in one of this bid websites. I still have no other information about it, but I’m still searching. As soon as I get it I’ll post here.

18. Maurício L Bertoni Says: